Sarah has a strong background in legal research and writing, having served as a judicial intern to Judge Laurance B. VanMeter with the Kentucky Court of Appeals and Chief Judge Jennifer B. Coffman with the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, where she prepared bench memoranda and opinions for various federal court cases and state court appeals.
Sarah began helping those with legal needs while obtaining her J.D. from the University of Kentucky College of Law, serving as a certified legal intern with the law schools legal clinic. As a member of the Legal Clinic, Sarah counseled clients in a variety of cases, including family law. She was a recipient of the Milton M. and Alene F. Livingston Scholarship, and was a top advocate on the Trial Advocacy Board. Sarah also obtained her B.A. in Political Science from UK with a minor in psychology, where she participated in the Honors Program and received the Presidential Scholarship. Sarah was a Kentucky Governors Scholar and a member of Alpha Gamma Delta sorority.
As an active member of Key Law Group and its family law practice, she has also participated in Guardian ad Litem (GAL) training. She lives in Louisville, Kentucky, and outside of the practice of law, she enjoys volleyball, painting, and softball. Sarah also works with high school students as a tutor, having served as a senior tutor for the Louisville Tutoring Agency and worked with a wide range of students at The Tutoring Club in Lexington, Kentucky.
Professional Affiliations and Associations
- Member of the Bar, Commonwealth of Kentucky (licensed in all state and family courts in Kentucky)
- Kentucky Bar Association (Family Law section member)
- Louisville Bar Association (Family Law section member)
- Women Lawyers Association
- Kentucky Justice Association (KJA) (Domestic Relations section member)
Leadership and Community Activities
- Executive Steering Committee Member, Faces of Childhood Trauma: A First Annual Multidisciplinary Symposium (March 2012)
- Staff Member, Truancy Court Status Offender Diversion Program, Meyzeek Middle School (August 2011 to Present)